Jobsite Safety Practices: The construction industry is clearly essential for the health and welfare of the community. The Corona pandemic has temporarily closed many businesses leaving uncertainty for all. State and national leadership have listened to the facts articulated by our industry to keep us designated as an essential business; however, for this to remain intact we need to operate under certain guidelines.
- Make your jobsite Covid-19 safe for all who enter the site.
- Keep a jobsite log of everyone who enters your site. If someone comes to work sick you will need to know who was on the site at any given time.
- Provide a safe workspace for inspectors. Vacate the site during inspections. Clarifications and follow up should be done by phone, when possible, or with limited personnel on site.
- The number of visitors to the job site should be limited to only those necessary for the work.
- Any employee/contractor/visitor showing symptoms of COVID-19 should be asked to leave the jobsite and return home.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes covering for coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people
- Safety meetings should be by telephone, if possible
- Employees should be encouraged to stagger breaks and lunches, to reduce the size of any group at any one time to less than ten (10) people. Eliminate the job site microwave.
- During work, employees must sanitize the work areas upon arrival, throughout the workday, and immediately before departure.
- Employees should ask others to keep a minimum personal distance of six (6) feet. Workers should wash or sanitize hands immediately before starting and after completing the work.
- Site deliveries are permitted but should be properly coordinated in line with the employer’s minimal contact and cleaning protocols. Delivery personnel should remain in their vehicles, if possible. Delivery drivers and salespeople must also be entered into the job site visit log.
Additional COVID-19 Information and Gudielines: